Cadillac Maintenance Schedules
Owner Checks and Services
At Each Fuel Stop
- Check the engine oil level.
Once A Month
- Check the tire inflation pressures.
- Inspect the tires for wear.
- Check the windshield washer fluid level.
Engine Oil Change
When the CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON message displays, have the engine oil and filter changed within the next 1000 km/600 mi. If driven under the best conditions, the engine oil life system might not indicate the need for vehicle service for more than a year. The engine oil and filter must be changed at least once a year and the oil life system must be reset. Your trained dealer technician can perform this work. If the engine oil life system is reset accidentally, service the vehicle within 5000 km/3000 mi since the last service. Reset the oil life system when the oil is changed.
Tire Rotation and Required
Services Every 12000 km/7500 mi
- Rotate the tires, if recommended for the vehicle, and perform the following services.
- Check engine oil level and oil life percentage. If needed, change engine oil and filter, and reset oil life system.
- Check engine coolant level.
- Check windshield washer fluid level.
- Visually inspect windshield wiper blades for wear, cracking, or contamination.
- Replace worn or damaged wiper blades.
- Check tire inflation pressures.
- Inspect tire wear.
- Visually check for fluid leaks.
- Inspect engine air cleaner filter.
- Inspect brake system.
- Visually inspect steering, suspension, and chassis components for damaged, loose, or missing parts or signs of wear.
- Check restraint system components.
- Visually inspect fuel system for damage or leaks.
- Visually inspect exhaust system and nearby heat shields for loose or damaged parts.
- Lubricate body components.
- Check starter switch.
- Check automatic transmission shift lock control function.
- Check ignition transmission lock.
- Check parking brake and automatic transmission park mechanism.
- Check accelerator pedal for damage, high effort, or binding. Replace if needed.
- Visually inspect gas strut for signs of wear, cracks, or other damage. Check the hold open ability of the strut.
- Check tire sealant expiration date, if equipped.
- Inspect sunroof track and seal,if equipped.